Sunday, December 16, 2007

Coming Schism(?) part deux

So what is the fuss? What is causing the strife in the Church? I guess the big issue was the consecration of the Bishop of New Hampshire a few years ago. I'm learning more about this. I've started here, check out the external links there. More to follow. I think it would be fair to say that the Church and its Bishops has decided to allow for full inclusion of gay and lesbian people, so they can be lay people, deacons, priests, and bishops. There are some in the Church who think this is a mistake. Still the less conservative but less progressive think the Church is moving a little to fast and leaving some behind. People feeling left by the church came to me during my lay discernment commitee time, so I've developed some compassion for these people, while my former answer would have been, "get with it old timers!"

So, I'm going to post more on this later and I want to focus on many of the other schism worthy "problems" in the church in reverse chronological order 1.) Gene Robinson and gay inclusion, 2.)the "New" prayer book 3.)Female ordination.

No comments: