Saturday, January 10, 2009



I'm all for these ads, but I think they get it wrong in one fundamental way. If these were my signs I would have them say: THERE PROBABLY IS A GOD, SO STOP WORRYING. Feeling the presence of God, the creator of the universe (and the universe), and knowing that she or he (but not it, too impersonal) is not only with us as a general creation, but me as individual is scandalous! How could you stay the same after experiencing this? My discernment helped with this, but mostly having children: my life is not mine, everything I have is a gift from God. So I find it easy not to attach myself to the people and things around me, before I recognized God in my life, I was struggling to make this happen on my own, now, it's easy. Enough evangelizing! Incidently, evagelize comes from the greek: euangelion, good news, the good news that God and creation are reconciled! There I go again! Soon I'll be thumping the Bible outside: THUS SAYS THE LORD, JESUS CHRIST: I HAVE COME THAT THEY MAY HAVE LIFE AND HAVE IT MORE ABUNDANTLY (John 10:10). That's good news. I'll stop now. I'm off to Saint Mary's for a mini-retreat, and to get out of my wife's hair while she has her "Girl's Weekend".
Finally, you may have noticed the color changes on this blog in the past several weeks, I'm going liturgical with the color choices, epiphany=gold and white.

Peace.

No comments: